- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Media NGOs concerned about Vardanean's conviction in Tiraspol
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
on December 16 the supreme court of self proclaimed transnitrian republic sentenced Vardanean to 15 years in prison for treason based on article 271 of transnistrian criminal code. The journalist will execute the sentence in a high security criminal prison. Transnistrian authorities have stated that Vardanean's conviction was not reasoned by his journalistic activity, but strictly by his collaboration with Moldovan secret services. Vardanean was arrested on April 7, 2010 and his case was judged in secret by the Transnistrian courts.
Signatory NGOs reprove the conditions in which Vardanean was detained and judged. During his detention he was impeded to communicate with his family and was constrained to make a self denunciation. Vardanean was trailed in secret and the "Promo-lex" lawyers were not allowed to participate in. We herby state that at least in these conditions the journalist's conviction trial violated the guarantees of a fair trial as such enshrined in the European Convention of Human Rights.
We call on the authorities of the Republic of Moldova to continue the negotiations with Transnistrian authorities for the release of Vardanean and to continue supporting his family. We also urge the authorities to inform the civil society on the progress made in this respect.
Signatory NGOs: Independent Journalism Center, Independent Press Association, "Access-info" Center, Center for Investigative Journalism, Electronic Media Association, Committee for Press Freedom