- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Declaration of media NGOs from Moldova on the situation of the press, violations of the right to access to information and attacks on journalists
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
Thus, in the evening of Wednesday, April 8, several reporters from the investigative newspaper "Ziarul de Garda" were harassed by police officers who refused to legitimate themselves. Journalists have been twisted arms, being threatened that their cameras will be destroyed. On the same day, Oleg Brega, the TV on the Internet cameraman Jurnal TV, while exerting his profession, was beaten by several people in plain clothes who seized two video cameras. The newspaper "Ziarul de Garda" and Jurnal TV have evidences of the incidents that could help in identifying perpetrators and state that they are willing to make them available to law enforcement bodies.
Moreover, on April 9, Facebook.com famous portal and social network Odnoklassniki.ru became inaccessible to users in Moldova. Also on April 8, unimedia.md information portal administrators have found that Unimed server was attacked several times. It is not the first time in the last three days when certain online resources were inaccessible in Moldova. At least two broadcasters have stopped broadcasting TV station Realitatea TV and TVR 1 on Moldovan territory. TV disappeared from the list of tv channels Tuesday night, at around 21.00. Broadcasters cite technical reasons of this problem; however their promises to restore TV channels retransmission have not been completed yet. Thus, consumers are deprived of important international sources of information.
In these circumstances, the signatory organizations protest vehemently against the attacks on journalists on duty by the representatives of law bodies and demand an immediate end to these abusive and illegal practices, to investigate these cases and to bring to account those responsible for abuses against journalists.
Also, underlying the importance of observing the constitutional right to access to information of citizens through media, Internet and other available means, the signatory organizations call on the authorities of Moldova to ensure media freedom under the obligations incumbent to a member of the Council of Europe and to facilitate access to information.
Independent Journalism Center
Association of Independent Press
Investigative Journalism Center
Young Journalist Center of Moldova
Union of Journalists of Moldova
Broadcast Media Association