- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
PRO TV concerned about recurrent attacks by Rosca
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
Chisinau (IPN) PRO TV Chisinau channel has expressed its concern about "the repeated attacks launched by Deputy Speaker Iurie Rosca against the channel". Two political parties issued today statements to show solidarity with PRO TV, Info-Prim Neo reports.
PRO TV considers as unacceptable the way Rosca spoke to a female PRO TV reporter, using words like "wipe your snot, sweety" and "soon there'll be no place for you to prostitute yourself". "We are dazed that a high ranking official resorted to such offensive language and such attacks when speaking to our fellow reporter Tatiana Turcanu", it is said in a press release issued by PRO TV on December 1. PRO TV also expresses its confusion as to Rosca's statements that the channel would be closed down "very soon".
The Liberal Party and the Liberal Democratic Party condemned the recent attacks by the Deputy Speaker, who is also the leader of the Christian Democratic People's Party, labeling them as an element of the campaign waged by the ruling Communist Party against the independent, politically-unaffiliated press.
"The Liberal Party considers that such reproachable political displays are premeditated and aim at spreading confusion in the society, at corrupting the authentic political values and at encouraging abuse on the part of state institutions against the freedom of the press, ahead of the 2009 parliamentary elections", the party said in its statement. At the same time, the Liberals called "the indecent language and offenses used in addressing journalists" an "amendable fact" and qualified such displays as "an attempt on public values and an insult to all the journalists in Moldova".
The Liberal Democratic Party believes that the assault against free media has gathered momentum lately. "Intenser attacks against PRO TV Chisinau, intimidation and offenses brought to journalists at this channel is part of the plot of the red-orange coalition to annihilate and silence the free press. By threatening media representatives, Deputy Speaker Iurie Rosca committed a grave offense, harmed the dignity of the journalists as they were doing their job and severely affected the image of Moldova's legislative body", PLDM said in its communique.
Following a meeting with the students from the Moldovan Economy Academy and the State University, the Christian-Democratic leader stated again that shadow politicians and the Russian intelligence service were pulling the strings of PRO TV, but failed to produce any sound evidence. PRO TV dismissed the allegations as "totally delusive and unfounded".