- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Media NGOs statement regarding the decision of the Broadcasting Coordinating Council to stop the broadcast of the radio station Ploaia de Argint
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
At the same time, the BCC decided to suspend the broadcast of the radio station, whereas it had decided earlier on October 26, to allow the station to continue its activity until Ploaia de Argint would be assigned a new broadcasting license.
We consider the conflict between the broadcaster Ploaia de Argint and BCC to be unfounded and brought about deliberately by the broadcaster. We also consider the BCC`s decision to stop the transmission of the radio station Ploaia de Argint as rushed and inappropriate.
On the one hand, the broadcasting license of the radio station Ploaia de Argint expired in April 2009, and the conflict between the broadcaster and the BCC began when the former requested the BCC to extend de jure its broadcasting license, despite the fact that during its activity the broadcaster had been penalized for violating the broadcasting legislation and the conditions of the license . The BCC dismissed the request of Ploaia de Argint to extend de jure its license and decided to run the frequencies in the contest for use of radio and television frequencies in accordance with the law. Ploaia de Argint, however, refused to take part in the contest.
We consider that the broadcaster unreasonably delayed the conflict by submitting several requests to BCC, inter alia requesting that BCC "within one working day assign a new broadcasting license valid for 7 years".
On the other hand, the signatory NGOs evaluate the BCC`s decision to stop the transmission of the radio station Ploaia de Argint as inappropriate. By the injunction of the Chisinau Court of Appeal, the BCC was compelled to take the radio frequencies previously held by the broadcaster out of the contest until a final court decision is issued. We believe that BCC, as the guarantor of the public interest, should not deprive the listeners of the radio station Ploaia de Argint of information as long as a final court decision is not yet delivered. We call on the BCC to look into other ways of solving the problem and to ensure the pluralism and diversity on the broadcasting area in Moldova.
Independent Journalism Center
Independent Press Association
Electronic Press Association
Journalistic Investigations Center