- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Vlad Plahotniuc: „I got acquainted with Voronin at Cotroceni"
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
I met President Voronin in 2002, in Cotroceni. Plahotniuc said the Romanian ex-president Iliescu was the one to introduce him to Voronin. Plahotniuc was assigned director of „Petrom Moldova".
During the program „Seara tarziu" (Late at night) on TV „Prime", Plahotniuc stated he knew the son of the former president too - Oleg Voronin, but they do not have joint business.
Referring to the main political leaders of Moldova, Plahotniuc says he knows Marian Lupu (PD leader) since the time he was Minister of Economy. "I have recently met Lupu better due to media", Plahotniuc said. He added he thinks Lupu is a perspective politician. „I appreciate Mihai Ghimpu (PL leader) for his honesty in politics", Plahotniuc specified, saying he met him 11 years ago. I met Serafim Urechean (AMN leader) when he was mayor of Chisinau. Ex-president Iliescu introduced him to me, Plahotniuc said. „I know Vlad Filat (PLDM leader) well for he is a businessman like me", Vlad Plahotniuc said.
The businessman Vlad Plahotniuc denied the rumor according to which he was a relative of the prosecutor general Valeriu Zubco. He also said that, beside Moldovan citizenship, he has also the citizenship of another state and his own airplane.
During the program, Plahotniuc joked a lot and quoted Niccolo Machiavelli.
Pahotniuc does not consider himself rich, he is just a successful businessman. Plahotniuc stated he still lived in the block of flats, worked 16 hours per day and did not have a vacation over the last ten years.
The businessman also said he was born in Grozesti, Nisporeni, in a family of teachers with six children. He graduated from the village school with golden medal and graduated from two faculties.
Vlad Plahotniuc said he had business in four areas: petroleum, banking, media and hotel.
© DECA-press. All rights reserved.The redistribution and the republication of the news is prohibited without the written agreement of DECA-press Agency.