- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Report 4, Monitoring Mass Media during the Campaign for Local General Elections of 5 June 2011: Case study no. 2
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
Headline: Romanian newspaper Adevărul [Romanian word for "truth" - translator's note] in Chisinau maims... the truth!
Title: Dodon censured because of winning!
The article was signed "Truth that laughs"
In the issue of Friday, 10 June, Moldova Suverană published, on page 3, an article with the heading "Romanian newspaper Adevărul [Romanian word for "truth" - translator's note] in Chisinau maims... the truth!" and the title "Dodon censured because of winning!", as well as an interview with the PCRM candidate for the position of Chisinau mayor, Igor Dodon. The interview was titled "Igor Dodon: on 5 June I won in Chisinau, on 19 June I will win in the entire municipality". The materials were accompanied by two photos (one of them with Igor Dodon and members of his family, and the second with the PCRM candidate at a meeting with voters. The images also bore the slogan "Igor Dodon - SOLUTION for Chisinau").
In the article "Dodon censured because of winning!" the Chisinau editorial office of the Adevărul newspaper was accused of censuring an interview with Igor Dodon. The author claimed that the reporters of the Adevărul newspaper asked Igor Dodon to answer some questions, and the interview was to appear on Thursday, 9 June. (...) "One of the newspaper's editors intervened in the text of his answers, eliminating phrases, ideas, fragments inconvenient for the newspaper's editorial policy, probably. Moreover, the newspaper's editor even insisted that Dodon agree with the publication of the interview in its mutilated form. Of course he did not agree!" announced the anonymous author.
Despite accusing the publication of censure, Moldova Suverană did not provide the right to reply to the journalists of the daily Adevărul, and did not mention whether it tried to obtain their opinion. In fact, the official opinion of the said newspaper was published on 9 June on its site ("The Communist Igor Dodon lies of being censured by Adevărul" ), and the article was published in the newspaper the following day. Regarding this subject, Adevărul mentioned that it was an article of electoral advertising requested by Igor Dodon's staff based on a contract signed with the PCRM. "Igor Dodon's answers contained attacks against other politicians, contrary to our editorial policy, journalistic deontology and common sense", mentioned the newspaper. Adevărul also specified that "even in an advertising material we follow the journalist's deontological code, the current legislation and the rules of common sense and do not publish unproven accusations, rumors and opinions of one person about another one, without the reply of the party involved".
Thus, Moldova Suverană displayed lack of objectivity, intentional distortion of reality, presenting erroneous information aimed at misinforming its readers.
It is to be noted that Moldova Suverană did not place the above-mentioned interview with Igor Dodon in the "Elections 2011" segment. It did not accompany it with the specification "Paid from the electoral fund", as it should have done since it is an advertising material of an electoral competitor, in which he makes public the details of his electoral program and brings accusations against his counter-candidate Dorin Chirtoaca.