- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Agriculture Ministry proposes creating all-embracing food watchdog
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
The measure is included in the Food Safety Strategy which, in its turn, is part of a broader Action Plan on the implementation of EC recommendations for the creation of a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area with Moldova.
Deputy Agriculture Minister Viorel Gutu said the Strategy is based on the principles of food safety adopted in EU countries and envisages a unitary approach to the entire food chain, for all groups of foods. The objectives of these unitary approach are to protect the health of animals and plants, guarantee safe foods for the population, increase effectiveness of controls of animal and non-animal source foods, improve professional skills etc. Currently the Strategy is being examined for expertise by other ministries and agencies.
The Strategy was developed following a desk analysis of existing regulations carried out together with European experts. It has been found that that the national food safety legislation is fragmentary, there are a multitude of agencies involved in food control and which are subordinated to different ministries, which amounts to a very poor coordination of activities in the area.
The restructuring of the existing agencies to create a unitary body which is subordinated to the Ministry on Agriculture and Food Ministry will not require any additional expenses, said Viorel Gutu. But the efforts to consolidate the control competence of the new agency and to adopt EU standards will necessitate 40 to 45 million euros by 2015, he added.
Food companies will also be encouraged to invest in upgrading safety standards to be able to export to EU markets. It is estimated that annual investments of 10 million euros are needed in the industry.
© All rights reserved. Full or partial reproduction of content from this site requires a written consent of Info-Prim Neo.