- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
State companies administered by Economy Ministry yielded nearly 94% of all dividends
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
The top five state companies that produced the largest dividends are Moldtelecom, with 192.8 million lei; Metalferos, with 32.7 million lei; Moldatsa, with 12.1 million lei; Moldelectrica, with 7.3 million lei; and Tutun CTC, 6 million lei.
At a news conference on the subject, Minister Valeriu Lazar noted that the state assets have a much greater potential in terms of efficiency and profit, but for this it is necessary to apply a complex of measures, which shouldn't be limited to a set of narrow actions.
Asked if the unification of all public procurement activity under the supervision of one single governmental agency would help to improve the efficiency of state companies, Valeriu Lazar said that this is just one option. "Currently there are some objections as to the activity of our national public procurement system, in particular because of its overstraining, which creates delays along the entire procurement chain. Besides, this system faces a high risk of corruption", said Valeriu Lazar.
Lazar said that another option is to exert a stricter control over the management of companies with state capital and apply increased requirements for transparency in procurement activity.
© All rights reserved. Full or partial reproduction of content from this site requires a written consent of Info-Prim Neo.