- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Activists launch Moldova’s first ‘Space Camp’
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
The participants, some from as far as Ukraine, Romania, Poland, Germany, France, Portugal, and Finland, met at the park located near the village of Mendic, in the Drochia Raion.
Described as ‘self organized camp about the organization of free spaces', the aim of the week was to find a way to revitalize this very scenic area, deep in the Moldovan countryside. Those involved spent several days clearing rubbish from the site, making reparations, remapping the area, as well as, making longer term plans for its future.
As part of the Space Camp project, which ran from 2nd-7th July, there was also a focus on shared learning and participants held workshops on subjects as diverse as free software, first aid and laughing yoga.
The park was built in the 19th Century by a wealthy Polish entrepreneur for his wife and subsequently used in Soviet times as a summer camp for children. In recent years it has been abandoned, and many of the parks buildings have been vandalized and are currently in a very bad state of repair. There are several historical monuments on the grounds, including an old villa which was designed by the architect Alexander Bernardazzi.
The National Museum for Ethnography, Chisinau, which currently owns the site, gave its permission to the organizers to become the park's guardians. There is hope to restore the area to its former glory, and make it a pleasant free space for both Moldovans and international visitors.
For more information, please see the official Space Camp website - http://spacecamp2011.wordpress.com/