- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Education Ministry will not renounce to reform schools
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
The Minister said that if educational institutions are not reorganized, ensured with textbooks and necessary equipment, education in Moldova will be at the last ranking in Europe.
"The Communists initiated school optimization and reforming, but did not dare to complete it for many reasons, including political and election ones. It led to education degradation. If we do not undertake respective measures as soon as possible, Moldova will become a country that will supply cheap labor force to the European Union markets, as well as Russian Federation", Sleahtitchi said.
The Education Minister said that to date about 70% of expenses in the educational sector go for salaries, 20% - for maintenance of schools, and only 10% for investment and equipping educational institutions.
"It can not last forever. I know that it will be difficult and many people will not agree with the educational institution optimization, with the change of financing way, but we want to assign most money to investment and ensuring schools with all necessary", the Minister said.
He said that in 3-5 years, educational level in Moldova will improve and good conditions for studies will be created for children.
"Before the end of the year, we will buy 70 more buses, with which aid schoolchildren will be transported to better schools. I think that it is much better to study in a well equipped and upgraded educational institution, than in schools without minimum conditions for training", Sleahtitchi said.
Beginning 2010, schools of 9 country regions - raions of Stefan Voda, Cantemir, Leova, Nisporeni, Glodeni, Straseni and cities of Balti and Chisinau - must be optimized based on a reform initiated by the Education Ministry.
© 2011 INFOTAG all rights reserved