- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Dirk Schuebel: European Neighborhood Policy budget may increase by 40%
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
Schuebel said that proposal on budget increase was made by the European Commission, but final decision must be made by the European Union state members.
The Ambassador said that good news is that the ENP budget may reach 16.1 billion euros, which is 40% more than support provided in the previous period. The financial aid will be provided based on principle "more for more". There will be more flexibility in ensuring support and promotion of high achievements. Money are destined for the promotion of socio-political and economic reforms furthering support of standards and policies of EU approaching, increase of communication from person to person
The EU official reminded that a support program for Moldova for 2011 was presented in Brussels last Saturday, July 23.
According to Dirk Schuebel, the budget support will reach 78.6 million euros. These funds are assigned for the energy sector (42.6 million euros), strengthening of investment climate (14.6 million euros), adoption of measures aimed confidence building between Dniester riverbanks (12 million euros), as well as for judicial system reforming (10 million euros). The aid for the judicial system reforming should not be confused with 50 million euros that were promised for the sector of justice in 2012.
According to him, Moldovan experts, who say that the Transnistrian region benefits from aid without meeting certain conditions, are wrong.
The Ambassador said that the EU laid down similar terms of providing financial support to all users; adding that based on what he saw, means allotted for projects in Transnistria were spent right for the goals the EU established.
The Head of the EU Delegation to Moldova said that 78.6 million euros "do not reflect all aid, what Moldova will receive within this year".
Schuebel said that 1.24 billion euros were assigned to the Eastern Partnership within 2011-2013; Moldova may receive 60-80 more million euros. Within a bilateral program for the next year it is projected 94.2 million euros. The Ambassador said the EU hopes that main part of the money will be used for the judicial system.
© 2011 INFOTAG all rights reserved