- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Chisinau's central market is monopolized - Agriculture Minister
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
The Agriculture Minister said that the Central Market is a municipal enterprise, but almost 80% of its territory is privatized.
"I can not tell names of those, who privatized the market; but these are probably the people, who arranged business best of all thanks to connections with local authorities. One can talk a lot on the matter, but it will not mend matters. It is necessary to undertake concrete measures for farmer access to the market", Bumacov said.
According to him, the Ministry has no influence over the Central Market, but only the sanitary and veterinary agency has as it monitors trading in animal-origin goods.
"I tried to establish order at the market, fired the chief veterinary who did not manage his job well. Because you know that fish and meat is sold in anti-sanitary conditions - on the street and without refrigerators. Hereinafter, local authorities must go in for establishing order", the Minister said.
Vasile Bumacov said that despite many markets in the capital of Moldova, they all are uncomfortable, ordinary farm goods producers can not get access to them.
"I aspire to the creation of such markets, where associations of farm goods producers will become their owners and stockholders; where farm goods producers will pay a symbolic duty for market maintenance, but where they will have the possibility to sell own goods directly to customers, not to intermediaries and dealers", the Agriculture Minister said.
© 2011 INFOTAG all rights reserved