- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Vlad Plahotniuc: “Moldova can learn important lessons from Cyprus”
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
For his part, Yiannakis Omirou stated his opinion about the Transnistrian conflict. "I advise you to use the principles of the international law concerning country division and, when you are ready to submit the application for accession, present them to the EU," he said. In this connection, Vlad Plahotniuc said that Moldova can learn important lessons from Cyprus.
The Deputy Speaker said he was satisfied with the stable and sustainable partnership between Moldova and Cyprus. "We approve of the cooperation and mutual support existing within interparliamentary organizations, especially the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, and the Interparliamentary Union. This support is important for Moldova, especially for the efforts made to resolve the Transnistrian dispute. Regretfully, Moldova, as Cyprus, has had to deal with separatism for many years," said Vlad Plahotniuc.
He informed Yiannakis Omirou that Moldova's Head of Parliament Marian Lupu invited him to pay a visit to Chisinau.
Vlad Plahotniuc made a working visit to the Chamber of Representatives of the Republic of Cyprus. The program of the visit included meetings with members of the Chamber and the Chamber's chairman Yiannakis Omirou, Info-Prim Neo reports, quoting the Parliament's press service.
© All rights reserved. Full or partial reproduction of content from this site requires a written consent of Info-Prim Neo.