- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Carabineer troops to maintain public order at local level
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
In the meeting, it was stressed that the number of street crimes increased during the last half a year. The attacks on leaders of agricultural associations and rich persons in northern Moldova rose in number.
"The street offenses were first of all prevented by the patrol and sentinel teams that were recently withdrawn. That's why the Corruption Department and the Carabineer Departments must work out a plan of action for combating street crimes and ensuring public order on the street," said Alexei Roibu.
Deputy Minister of the Interior Iurie Cheptanaru said that when the European Union became a neighbor of Moldova, former members of criminal groups went to EU member states. The criminal acts are aimed both at the Moldovans working abroad and at those in the country.
According to the Ministry of the Interior, 40 criminal groups dealing with blackmail, robberies, murders by order, smuggling trafficking in persons and in drugs have been annihilated over the first six months of the year. There were liquidated two networks trafficking in marijuana and heroine. Fifty-four cases against employees of the Ministry of the Interior were opened in the period for misuse of power, by 12 cases more compared with the corresponding period last year.
© All rights reserved. Full or partial reproduction of content from this site requires a written consent of Info-Prim Neo.