- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Liberals reluctant to invest premier with extra powers
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
One of the topics on the plenary meeting agenda on Thursday was a bill according to which the Prime Minister was going to acquire the authority of immediate issuing material means from State Reserves in emergency situations - without waiting for the Government's decision.
The Liberal Democrats and their party leader, Prime Minister Vladimir Filat, think that this right would provide conditions for prompt taking of measure to alleviate and liquidate the consequences of various natural calamities in emergency situations. Chairman of the parliamentary LDPM faction Valeriu Strelet reminded that Vladimir Filat is also the head of the National Commission for Emergencies.
However, the Liberals offered an opinion that the Liberal Democrats are somewhat exaggerating things.
LP leader Mihai Ghimpu stated, "Oh, don't use the salvation of citizens as a substantiation of the need for vaster powers, because for this the Premier can easily convoke an urgent meeting of the Cabinet. Besides this, we in Moldova have the National Commission for Emergencies, which must act quickly and react to force-majeure challenges".
The bill for broadening the Premier's powers was supported by 40 parliamentarians from the Liberal Democratic and Democratic Parties. The Liberals abstained. As a result, the bill was declined.
© 2011 INFOTAG all rights reserved