- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Moldovan parliament ratifies moldo-ukrainian protocol on reciprocal recognition of property
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration Andrei Popov said at the parliament plenary meeting today that the Protocol ratification will ensure a sound legal frame for starting negotiations with the Ukrainian side on every concrete property object.
Popov said that though the bilateral Agreement on the recognition of each other's property was signed yet in 1994, the real process of property recognition has been at where it used to be some 15 years ago. At certain moments, the recognition process becomes very hard, and in 2006 the negotiations even stopped at all.
"So, our task is to prepare a legal frame for negotiations with the Ukrainian side on the ownership of those objects [situated in Ukraine's territory], which we regard as Moldova-owned objects", said Deputy Minister Andrei Popov.
In his words, the Ukrainian Supreme Rada [parliament] has not yet ratified the Protocol, and presently the forum has been on a summer recess for about two weeks now. Andrei Popov is looking forward to hearing the ratification news from the Rada soon, may be even in September, the more so that the conclusions from all relevant Standing Committees have already been received.
As a result of the bilateral negotiations held before 2006, the official Kiev has recognized Moldova's title to 30 objects situated in Ukraine. However, international litigations are continuing over the ownership of the Novodnestrovskaya hydro-accumulation electric station, and gravel quarries at Chernovtsy and Pervomaisk.
Today, the Protocol was ratified by the votes of 53 MPs in the 101-member Parliament of Moldova. Independent MP Mihai Godea stood up against the ratification under the pretext that he is not sure that Ukraine will ratify the document without placing Moldova into some unfavorable conditions.
© 2011 INFOTAG all rights reserved