- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Andrei Ivantoc was a victim of police
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
2009-04-13/13:54/ Chisinau (IPN) At Monday's meeting of the Chisinau City Hall, Moldovanu said that Andrei Ivantoc aged 48 went to Saint Trinity Hospital with a wound in the frontal-parietal region, closed cranial-cerebral trauma and mental shock. As it was a neurological damage, Ivantoc was transferred to the Emergency Hospital, the head of the Health Division said.
Andrei Ivantoc refused hospitalization, saying he will follow treatment at home. The family doctor who visits him once in two days has said that his condition is satisfactory and he is out of any danger.
Mihai Moldovanu said that 15 persons injured in the April 7 protests are still at the Emergency Hospital. Three persons appealed to the doctor, saying they were tortured at police commissariats. These include an 18-year-old man arrested on April 7 and released on April 10, who was diagnosed with mental shock, multiple ecchymoses of the back and buttocks, a 21-year-old man diagnosed with closed cranial-cerebral trauma, mental shock, facial soft tissue injuries, and a 50-year-old woman from Durlesti town with mental shock, bruises in the occipital region and of the buttocks.
A minor from Ciocana district said he was beaten in the Great National Assembly Square by policemen in uniform and civvies. He was admitted to the Municipal Children's Clinical Hospital Valentin Ignatenco with mental shock, closed cranial-cerebral trauma and wound by contusion in the occipital region, Mihai Moldovanu said.
"We could obtain no information from the Hospital of the Interior Ministry as it is in the subordination of the Ministry," the head of the Health Division said.
Tatiana Nagnibeda-Tverdohleb, the head of the Ge neral Division of Education, Youth and Sport, said that they were informed only about the disappearance of a 19-year-old girl studying at Petru Zadnipru High School in Chisinau's Ciocana district. The parents said she went missing when she was returning from school on Thursday afternoon.
Mayor of Chisinau Dorin Chirtoaca said that cases were reported when students of high schools and vocational schools, including minors, were taken by police officers from classes to police departments to give explanations over their participation in protests last week.
The police say about 200 persons were arrested. The Chisinau press said yet that according to the information provided by the relatives of those that disappeared, over 800 persons were arrested overall. More than 50 persons beaten by the police were taken to Chisinau hospitals.