- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
International Book Fair awards laureates
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
2009-09-03/17:31/ Chisinau (IPN) “My Life is a Tour” by Maria Biesu became the Book of the Year 2009. The late Andrei Vartic won the Opera Omnia Prize given by the Chisinau City Hall posthumously, Info-Prim Neo reports..
“The International Book Fair is close to an end and we are glad that this year the library had a record number of visitors. During only three days, we housed over 14,000 visitors. This gives us hope and makes us determined to continue this tradition,” said Alexei Rau, the director general of the National Library.
“Silvius Libris” and “Pontos” were named the Publishing Houses of the Year, while “Socogen” and “GrafiCart” won the Coresi Top Prize awarded by Amedeo Carrocci for the collection of albums dedicated to Moldova.
Literary critic Ana Bantos, scientific researcher at the Romanian Language House and a member of the jury, said that this year"s fair included important poetry, literacy criticism and other types of books. “It is sad that the number of participating foreign publishing houses was much lower this year, but we will continue to communicate through the book and hope that the intercultural dialogue will go on,” Ana Bantos said.
Simion Ghimpu with the volume “Life Within a Hair"s Breadth of Death” won the Prize for Prose, while Ion Hadarca with “The Piano from the Abattoir” and Leo Butnaru with “From the Opposite Direction”- the Prize for Poetry.
The prize “In Memoriam Grigore Vieru” was awarded to the Romanian Language journal for its special number dedicated to the poet.
Twenty-six prizes and nine diplomas were awarded overall. The prizes included prizes for the promotion of the national and universal values, for the promotion of literature, for the promotion of the national written and imprinted heritage, for debut etc.