- No matter who wins mayoralty, City Hall’s work will be hindered by battles between parties, Antoniţa Fonari pentru Info-Prim Neo, 17 June 2011, 11:42
- Protection of Personal Data within the Dialogue on Visa Liberalization and the Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the R. of Moldova and the EU, Bogdan Manolea, Centrul Român de Politici Europene/Fundaţia Soros-Moldova, 10 June 2011, 16:01
- EU-Moldova Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area: a springboard to modernization or a road to ruin?, Alex OPRUNENCO, Centrul Analitic Independent "EXPERT-GRUP", 10 May 2011, 12:30
- The Council of Europe, the Communists and a New Referendum, Denis CENUSA, 4 March 2011, 11:06
- Coalition 2010, Irina Severin, 26 January 2011, 9:42
- The "shy" regret of Chisinau concerning the events in Belarus, Denis CENUSA, 26 January 2011, 9:41
Vice-director, The Center for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption
20 parties have registered in the current election campaign. Many people say it is a too big number for such a small country as Moldova. At the same time, much more parties could take part in the election campaign.
Igor Botan: Probability that ruling coalition's initiative to modify Constitution will fail is high
- "Moldova Azi" information portal is changing its format and editorial content, Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent, 8 August 2011, 15:19
- Moldovan students queue up to apply for scholarships in Romania, Info-Prim Neo, 4 August 2011, 13:44
- Ukrainian scholarships not very popular in Moldova, Info-Prim Neo, 2 August 2011, 14:58
- Kent Larson: USAID will always support process of Moldova democratization, INFOTAG, 1 August 2011, 13:42
- Parliament sets up new commission - for checking civil servants' property and incomes, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
- Scandal in Moldovan parliament over deputies' relatives, INFOTAG, 29 July 2011, 9:00
"If the initiative is successful, all the people should consider Mihai Ghimpu a political genius and true leader of the Alliance for European Integration as this will mean he managed to impose his political will on the other leaders. It it fails, all the four leaders of the Alliance will bear responsibility," Igor Botan said, quoted by Info-Prim Neo.
According to Botan, there is a 50% probability that the initiative will be a success. "I think the probability that this plan will fail is high as there is not much time. It is hard to imagine that a bill can be formulated, debated and accepted by all those who form part of the Alliance during three months only (according to the government coalition, the referendum should be held by June 16 - e.n.)," the analyst said.
Igor Botan proposes setting up a commission that would reconcile the viewpoints of the four leaders of the Alliance. "The situation is complicated. Now we can say only one thing - life in Moldova is interesting. The governors are to provide the population with bread not only make shows," he said, adding that the best solution for Moldova is to precisely respect the principles of the state of law.
© All rights reserved. Full or partial reproduction of content from this site requires a written consent of Info-Prim Neo.